For sure, forearms is one of the main important muscle as part of our bodies for either men or women, regardless of bodybuilding, because in our usual life’s many activities depends on this muscle in our daily routine, to control wrist moves and generate force to grip objects.
This is why forearm exercises for women considered essential to get the required suitable strength. If you feel that your forearms are lacking the strength that should have, it is time that you need to strengthen them.
Performing Best forearm exercises and having a strong grip means having stronger muscles in both your forearms and hands.
The ability to perform exercises that involves gripping bars with loaded resistance is heavily dependent upon the strength of your forearms.
Forearms comprise of 3 main muscles and generally, they tend to fatigue quickly. Though, these muscles are used in top of forearm exercises, which will isolate theses muscles so as to attain maximum intensity.
Forearm is mixed of mainly three group of muscles. Responsible for the flexors and extensors of your elbow and gripping of any stuff.
Benefits of Forearms Workout
There are many benefits for forearms workouts at home, which target the lower-arms. Below is list of major benefits:
Strong forearms muscle will improve the arms gripping.
It’s great exercise for better lifting weights.
Minimize any future injury in wrist or elbows.
Safety Forearm Equipment
Before starting any muscle workouts, it is highly recommended to wear suitable elbow and hand crossfit grips to avoid any sort kind of damage or dislocation of bone.
Do we need a Warm-Up?
Below warm-up steps that will make your forearms muscle ready for exercises.
- Squeeze Ball: Use a small ball in your palm to squeeze in different directions.
- Resist Band:
- Extension Wrist: Hold band with palm facing the floor, pull wrist up, freeze and then slowly return. repeat for 15-20 reps.
- Flexion Wrist: Grip band with palm facing upwards, pull wrist up, freeze for a while and then slowly return. Then you can repeat.
Forearm Exercises for Women
Exercise # 01: Reverse Wrist Curls
(Equipment: Barbell, or Dumbbells)
This is simple home exercises for women to get most effective result. For beginners you can start with low weights.
How to do Reverse Grip?
- Hold an EZ curl bar or a straight barbell with your palms grip at shoulder width and facing downwards.
- Set the arms and wrists straight, hands close to your thighs. (Starting position)
- Start Bend elbows upwards to 90-degrees, so that forearm is parallel to the floor.
- Reverse back downwards by flex your hands straight towards your body on starting position.
Exercise # 02: Seated Barbell Wrist Curl
(Equipment: a Barbell)
How to Perform Seated Barbell?
- Sit over the edge of a bench or chair with a feet flat on to the ground.
- Set your elbows and forearms over your legs and hold a barbell.
- Wrists should be in straight position over the knees with palms facing upwards.
- Flex wrists backward as far as they go comfortably and then return up to the starting position.
Exercise # 03: Dumbbell Wrist Curl
How to perform Dumbbell Wrist Curl?
- Hold dumbbell in each hands and set knees in front of a bench.
- Place forearms across the bench with palms facing upwards.
- Flex wrists backward while lowering dumbbells to the ground to as far as wrists go comfortably.
- Now roll wrists up, squeezing the forearms.
Do not lift forearms from the bench at any point during the exercise.
Exercise # 04: Wrist Roller
(Equipment: Dumbbells , Cables)
Assemble the equipment by Join one end of a 1-2 feet long rope to a 5-10 pound plate, and the other end with a cylindrical dowel.
How to perform Wrist Roller?
- Hold the dowel out in front of you with arms parallel and palms down on the floor.
- Start arm exercises for women by rolling dowel towards you by wrap the rope around the plate and lifting it above the ground.
- At the time weight reaches the dowel, start reversing the direction by rolling backward to the starting position.
Exercise # 05: Wrist Circles
(Equipment: No equipment, Body only)
Wrist circles are another simple exercises which can be easily performed, because they not require any equipment.
How to do Wrist Circles ?
- Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart and extend arms straight in front so that they become parallel to the floor.
- Close your grip and palms facing the floor, start rotating wrists in a circular motion as if you are drawing circles with your hand.
- Once finish 2-3 circles, reverse the direction to opposite.
You can increase intensity of exercise by hold smaller dumbbells.
I Hope Forearm workout was helpful for you, if you have any Questions, or want to leave your own personal Notes, Please submit your comment below. I would Love to Help You.
Note: Insure you drink enough water after your workouts in order to helps you to replace the fluids lost through sweating.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You will be pleased by see more results by Time.