Exercise Details for Traps Muscle Workout for Women
Body Part: Back
Target Muscle: Traps
Category: Exercise for Women
Ladies, it’s now easy to develop a sexy, toned and rounded back shoulder workout for women with shaped back traps and more volume and strength. We recommend these old school drills to reshape delts in no time. In general, Trapezius exercises have effects on other major muscles such as the shoulders, to strengthen and tighten them.
The Best Women Back Workouts That are Included! Will provide a strong wrapped shoulders with an attractive look, to be very cool and beautiful before the end of the summer season, which is easy to do with these exercises. It will be faster and more helpful than expected if you choose to do back exercises at home to shape your traps and shoulders into a desired state.
Choosing the Trapezius exercises with the suitable weights are essential, especially for strengthening the shoulder and traps muscles, and is a crucial stage in the case that the back of the body needs to be stabilized while improving the correct posture, so for this reason women can practice these exercises at home.
You need to take great care before deciding the appropriate weights to lift in training sessions. It is not easy to perform without the right technique, shape and style, which will be highlighted in the details of the workout. You will also need to handle weights safely.
Therefore, everyone should start with light weights for traps workout, especially if you are a beginner. It is also necessary to choose weights according to your physical ability as you have to lift them without harming the muscles and tendons.
Also keep in mind that you have to repeat the exercises several times, so it is important to choose the weights carefully, there is no need to start with heavy weights, to overcome this, just increase the number of repetitions.
Consider these exercises listed after the few sections below in order to tone your traps and shoulders.
Benefits of Traps and Shoulder Workout
There are many benefits to Traps workouts, which target the upper back body and blast the core muscles. Here is a list of the main benefits:
- The Trapezius is one of the major muscles in the back and is primarily responsible for rotating, movement, stability (the scapula) and extending of the head at the neck.
- It is a wide, superficial muscle that covers most of the upper back and the posterior of the neck.
- Protect the spine and keep the torso in an upright position.
- For women, it provides you with a sexy and toned back shape when workouts daily.
Before starting, it is recommended to exercise in a safe environment to protect your body from any possible injuries that may rise to your back, as in incorrect body posture and lumbar. The back Lumbar brace belt below will provide high protection.
Do You Need to Warm-Up the Traps for the Shoulders?
A warm-up and stretching routine is an essential component of working out every part of the body. It also prevents or relieves minor back pain. We can do the following:
- Sit in a position where all fours are on the floor.
- Begin by arching your spine and lift your back up toward the ceiling.
- Hold the position for 20 seconds.
- Exhale and bring your back down as far as possible toward the floor.
Ear to Shoulder
- Sit on the chair with the back straight.
- Place the palm of your left hand over the right ear, then slowly bend the head to the left side to try to touch the left ear to the shoulder.
- Press gently toward the shoulder, to extend the neck and upper traps.
- Pause the stretch for 25 seconds.
- Lift your hand off your head and alternate the same stretch on the other side of the head.
For more extending routines click on the article link stretching Trapezius muscles for warm-ups, it will provide detailed on the different ways to break up tight traps and how to prevent your body from getting tight muscles.
Back Shoulders Workout for Women
1: Seated Dumbbell Press
(Equipment: Dumbbells, Bench)
This workout will have an effect on different muscles including the Traps, Triceps, upper chest and Deltoid.
How to Perform Seated Dumbbell Press?
- You have to choose suitable Dumbbell weights the first time, it is not too heavy for you.
- Sit on a flat bench to start this exercise in a seated position. Your feet should be flat on the floor and your back should be straight.
- Begin by raising the dumbbells so that they are set at ear level and your palms should be facing forward. (Starting position)
- Now press the dumbbells up to make your arms straight. Do not lock the elbow completely.
- Bring the weight back to ear level again and then repeat after exhaling.
2: Superwoman Exercise
(Equipment: Exercise Mat)
How to Perform Superwoman?
- Lie on the exercise mat, with your stomach flat on the floor, with your body straight, arms and legs extended.
- Start squeezing your glutes and slowly raise your arms and legs as high as possible.
- Pause in this position for 1-2 seconds.
- Slowly return to the starting position, by lowering your arms and legs, so that they are flat on the floor.
- This is a single workout rep. Do 18 reps.
3: Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover
(Equipment: Dumbbells, Workout Bench )
Pullovers are an excellent exercise because they work several combined muscles at once – the traps, chest, and triceps. If you’re doing this exercise with a stability ball, start by laying your back on the ball, and you’ll also be engaging your lower back and core body.
How to perform Dumbbell Pullovers?
- Lie on the workout bench. Put your head on the edge of the bench. Feet flat on the ground.
- Hold one dumbbell in both hands.
- Begin by lifting the weights to be straight above your head. (If you are new to this, start with a lighter weight)
- Then, keeping the arms straight, lower the weight back, until the hands are behind you at the level of your head, and the arms are parallel to the floor.
- Squeeze on your back and gradually pull the weight back by raising it to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-14 reps.
4: Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise
The muscle group affected in this exercise is the anterior deltoid and trapezius.
How to perform Side Lateral Raise?
- Starting with a straight trunk, hold a dumbbell on each hand and bring them to the sides of your body.
- Keep the dumbbells close to your body, the palms facing each other.
- Begin by raising the arms sideways of your body, while keeping the arms straight.
- Then lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, near your leg. Then repeat.
It is essential to remain at a slow pace in this practice. You have to lift the dumbbells very carefully. Keep exercising with lighter weights until you’re more familiar and more experienced.
5: One Arm Bent Over Cable Lateral Raise
(Equipment: Cable Machine)
This exercise also known as (Rear Delt Cable Raise OR Rear Delt Raise).
How to perform Bent over Low-Pulley Side Lateral?
- Start by standing straight, your left side of your body facing the machine (with laterally body).
- Then bend over the lower pulley (lateral raise), by bending your hips about 90 degrees, so that your torso is parallel to the ground.
- Keep the machine on your left side, then using your right fist to grip the handle of the machine’s cable, then keeping your hand dangling in preparation to start the exercise. (starting position)
- While contracting the abdominal wall to activate the trunk muscles. (This should be done before starting the exercise motion)
- Begin by raising your right arm sideway, until it is at shoulder level.
- Hold this position for a moment, then slowly lower the cable weights to starting position.
- Then repeat the exercise 8-10 reps in 3 sets.
Never shake or pull the cable off, as this may cause injury. If you are new to this exercise, always start with light weights to keep yourself safe.
6: Bent Over Rear Lateral Raise
(Equipment: Bench, Dumbbells)
The Bent Over Delt Raise, also known as the Rear Delt Fly, is an workout that builds the strength and volume of the rear delt, traps and back muscles of the shoulder.
How to perform Bent Over rear Lateral Raise?
- Start by sitting on the edge of a flat bench, and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Keeping your feet flat on the floor, then lower your chest toward your knees by bending the waist at a 45-degree incline.
- Hang dumbbells from your hands, so it will be near level of the back of your shin.
- Your palms should face each other. While continuing to look at the surface of the ground and keep the spine straight. (This is the starting point)
- Begin lifting weights by opening your arms out to sideway until shoulder level, keeping the arms 90 degrees from your body, this motion will activate the posterior deltoid.
- Now slowly lower the weight to the starting position, and repeat the exercise.
I hope the back shoulder exercise will be useful to you, To strengthen the muscles of your back through the trapezius muscles, along with the shoulders, And getting the muscles of the desired tone with the correct posture of the core body.
Traps in cases that do not provide adequate rest and stretching workouts can cause trapezius strain, read more about their symptoms, and the required stretches.
If you have any questions, or want to leave your personal feedback, please submit your comment below. I would Love to Help You.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to the Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You’ll be happy to see more results of thicker muscles over time.