Most people’s lats are ignored. “Due to the nature of society and daily habits involving, long sitting desk, long office works, computers, spending time on phones, and lack of movement.
Good posture requires strong body lats. Not only will improve your posture, but good posture will also improve your self-confidence!
By performing best lat exercises for men Strong lats will support your shoulders muscles and create a healthy back overall.
In Fact the Lats name (or Latissimus Dorsi) of this muscle is derived from Latin and literally means, “broadest muscle of the back.” So, obviously, your lats are an important muscle to take care off.
So, Why is it important to exercise Lats muscles?
The Lats, are the biggest muscles at your back, which contains of the three muscles, Two flat and large muscles on your upper back that connect the upper extremities and arms to your spine, giving stability to the trunk of your body. These muscles also help protect your spine and aid arm movement. A Powerful lats also will improve the symmetry of your upper body and helps you maintain proper correct shape.
When the lats are well developed by best lat exercises for men, they look like a pair of wings on either side of your torso and most contribute largely to the “V-taper”. These wings that span the backside of your ribs help you lift your arms up overhead and are essential in torso rotation and core stability.
On the other hand, weakness in Lats muscle can lead to chronic shoulder pain, chronic back pain, or tendinitis, an inflammatory condition of the tendon. Particular attention should be paid if you have poor posture, could fail lift from your arms overhead or suffer from back pain or a shoulder injury that limits your range of motion.
In Below post will demonstrate for you best at home lat exercises can be performed, guarantee lats of your dream.
Benefits of this Workout
Many Benefits of Lats workouts, which target the back-body and maximize your core. Below is list of major benefits:
LAT exercises are beneficial in strengthening your shoulders and its different muscles like deltoids, infraspinatus, and teres major.
Furthermore, the LATS exercise strengthens your back muscles which are at the lower and upper back. These muscles comprise of rhomboids and trapezius.
By performing exercises that target your lats, you can burn calories and boost your overall strength.
Maintain stability and balance of your body.
Keep good and correct body posture with V Back Shape.
Before doing any LATS exercise, you must have a waist belt. Bending your knees and keeping your back straight in any LAT exercise is important as it can save you from severe injury in your back.
Do we need a Warm-Up?
Yes. You can use the front back rod for the back warm up. You may perform 1 set of warm up with up to 20 reps with normal weight.
Best Lat Exercises for Men
Exercise # 01: Seated Cable Rows
(Equipment: a Seated cable row machine (Pull Down))
How to Perform?
- To start off with this back exercise at home, sit down on the machine bench and place your feet on the front platform provided. Make sure your knees are slightly bent and not straight locked.
- Grab the V bar handle and lean yourself a bit. Keep the alignment of your back natural.
- With your arms already extended, pull the V bar to yourself and make sure your torso is at 90-degree angle with your thighs. Keep your back straight and your chest outwards. The point here is to make your LATS feel some pressure and stretch. This is the starting position for this exercise.
- Keep your torso stationary and let the v bar go to the maximum level. Here again, the point is to make your LATS feel the pressure and pump. Give a little pause when your V bar is at maximum stretch and pull back the v bar to the original position gently. Keep your knees bent, torso stationary and back straight will be the key in this step.
Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions. You may repeat it for 8 to 10 reps and (3) sets for the initial level.
Exercise # 02: Bent over two arms with T Bar row
(Equipment: required Olympic barbell and a couple of plates)
How to perform Bent Over with T bar row?
- Firstly, put some decent amount of weight on one end of the barbell which you can lift based on your strength. For safety purpose, put the other end of the barbell in the corner of the wall or put some heavyweight so that it may not get slipped away and cause injury.
- Bent forward a little until your torso is parallel to the floor. Make sure you keep your knees a little bent.
- Now grab the bar with your both arms just behind the plates on the side where the weight was placed. This will be your starting position for this best lats exercise.
- Pull the bar straight up. Make sure the plates touch your lower chest. Then squash the back muscles as you lift the weight up and hold for a second at the top of the movement. Breathe out as you lift the weight.
- Slowly let the bar lower down at its starting position while experiencing a decent amount of pump on your LATS.
repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions, 6-8 times usually.
Exercise # 03: Bent over Two Dumbbell Row with Palms In
(Equipment: required a pair of dumbbells weights)
In this with workout will display step by step of how to build lats with dumbbells?
How to perform Bent Over using Dumbbells?
- Grab two dumbbells in each hand and bring your torso as parallel to the floor by bending your waist. Make sure you keep your back straight and parallel to the ground. You have to keep your head up for this. The should be hanged directly in front of you and this will be your starting position for this lats exercise with dumbbells.
- While keeping your torso stationary, you have to lift the dumbbells to your side.
- When on the top, constrict your back muscles and hold that moment for a couple of seconds.
- As you inhale, slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
You have to repeat this exercise as recommended, for this lat exercise with dumbbells usually 8-10 times.
Exercise # 04: Lying T Bar Row
(Equipment: required a T bar, weights)
How to Perform?
- Load up the T bar with a decent amount of weight and adjust the leg height of the machine so that your upper chest is on the pad of the machine.
- Lay face down on the pad and grab the handles of the T bar. Lift the bar from the rack with arms extended to the maximum level. This will be your starting position for this best lat exercise.
- While exhaling, slowly lift the weight up and squeeze your back when at the top.
- After getting some contractions, slowly go back down to the starting position while inhaling.
You may repeat for the recommended amount of reps, usually 6-8 times.
Exercise # 05: Smith Machine Bent over Row
(Equipment: required a Smith machine, a barbell rod, and some weights)
How to perform?
- Place some weight on the barbell rod attached to the smith machine and adjust its height which would be 2 inches below your knees.
- Bend your knees a little and bring torso forward by bending the waist. You have to keep your back straight here until it’s parallel to the floor.
- Now grab the barbell and unlock it from the machine. This will be your initial position for this exercise.
- While exhaling, lift the barbell gently. Don’t forget to keep your torso still for this back exercise at home. Squeeze your back muscles on the top contracted position a feel the pump for a second.
- Slowly lower the bar to the starting position while inhaling.
You may repeat for the recommended amount of reps for this back exercise at home, usually 6-8 times.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You will be pleased by see more results by Time.