Exercise Details (Men’s Glute Workouts)
Body Part: Hips
Target Muscle: Glutes
Category: Exercise for men
Glute exercises are not gender specific, field experts recommend them to both, but in this article we’re highlighting the men’s part. In fact we are incorporating the gluteus maximus muscle into everyday life without even noticing, as in walking or lifting things! This is why Glute exercises for men at home are essential.
The Glutes are the second largest muscle in your body (after Quads Muscle) and are the strongest muscle group, which deserves more of your attention. A strong set of glutes can prevent injuries, improve athletic performance, and help you move well as you age.
Most of them think that general lower body exercises will take care of the back side. Well, it is not so.
When it comes to training, I prefer to stick to the basics. To tone your butt muscles, you only need two things: drive and dedication. You have to train your butt muscles hard and diligently to get a great response.
It’s a time to give gluteal muscle some extra time for your workouts plan.
Before jumping straight into the exercises, let’s take a look at the following gluteal benefits and it’s structure.
Benefits of Glute Workouts
There are many benefits of at-home buttock muscle exercises, which target the lower body and balance your core. Here is a list of the main advantages:
- Many of us suffer from poor posture, which leads to lower back pain. Buttock exercises for men allow you to properly stretch the hip flexor muscles and improve posture.
- Moreover, gluteal exercise can also help in losing belly size and rebalancing its shape.
- Strong glutes can support your lower back and can easily help you perform activities of daily living.
- Layers of the Gluteus Maximus structure play a big role, as they can generate energy in your body such as speed, acceleration and endurance..
- It can be helpful in maintaining your bone density at the standard mark.
- Your pants will fit and shape better.
The gluteal muscles layers are a combination of three muscles that eventually build up the buttocks These three muscles are the gluteus Maximus, gluteus Medius and gluteus Minimus. These muscles perform several diverse functions like extension, abduction, external rotation and internal rotation. These also include knee extension.
A) Gluteus Maximus
Maximus is the largest muscle among the 3 layers of the gluteus, it is located externally and in fact serves to define most the external visual shape of the buttocks. Attached with coccyx and the bones in the surrounding area.
The Functionality: The main function is to allow movement of the thighs and hip. When you sit or get up from a surface. In your routine life, you may have to climb stairs several times a day and this would not be possible without the health of this layer muscle. Even if you only have to be upright position.
B) Gluteus Medius
The middle muscle or called Medius, is the second largest gluteus muscle on the outside of the pelvis and is thick, broad and bright. Partial region of it covers the largest muscle of the maximus mentioned above.
The Functionality: The main function is to enable the rotation of the thighs which makes it possible for a person to walk freely. There is a ridge located on the femur bone and is called the greater trochanter. The Medius plays a role in attaching the top femur and hip joints together on this bony prominence.
C) Gluteus Minimus
Minimus, located deep in the gluteus Medius, looks like a triangular shape. It is the smallest of the 3 major gluteal muscles and is located just below the Medius. The Minimus can be referred to as a secondary muscle.
The Functionality: It can greatly help in extending and stabilizing the hips. It appears from the outer surface of the ilium between the anterior lines and the base of the gluteal lines. It is called a powerful abductor that enables rotation of the hip joint as well as the thighs.
People often perform the gluteal muscles workouts at the wrong angles and end up damaging themselves.
Do we need to Warm up before Glutes Workout?
Warm-up and stretching are an important part of every body workout. You can perform simple glute squats to get an adequate amount of warm-up in the glute muscles. You can start up by perform up to 20 reps. For a more additional warm-up, you can perform Gluteal Muscle Stretching Exercises.
Glute Exercises for Men at Home
Exercise # 01: Butt Lift Bridge
(Equipment: a Exercise Mat)
How do you perform this workout?
- To perform this glute exercise for men, you have to lie on the floor first. You should put your hands at your side and bend your knees as shown in the image above. This will be your starting position.
- Slowly raise your buttocks off the floor with the help of your heels by pressing them to the floor. Until Keep your back straight. Hold this contraction position for 3 seconds while exhaling.
- While inhaling, slowly return to the starting position, thus completing the buttock bridge exercise once.
You can perform this exercise for 6-8 reps of one set.
Exercise # 02: One Legged Cable kick back
(Equipment: pulley and cable)
How to perform this workout?
- Take the leather cuff and secure it to the lower cable pulley. Then attach the ankle strap to your ankle to begin performing the glutes exercise for men.
- You can hold the steel bar attached to the machine to support you while you are standing.
- Tighten your glutes by pushing that leg back in a semi-circular arc at a 45-degree angle. Make sure your knees and thighs are slightly bent. For maximum contraction, hold the leg in the upper back position for 3 seconds.
- Slowly bring your leg back straight as you inhale. Pause, you have to resist the pull in this step and slowly bring it back.
You can perform them for the recommended amount of reps, 4-5 times per leg. Once you complete the set, switch to another leg and start.
Exercise # 03: Flutter Kicks
(Equipment: a Simple Home Straight Bench )
How to perform this workout?
- To perform flutter kicks, lie on a flat workout bench with your hips resting on the edge of the bench. Keep your legs straight and your toes elevated off the ground. For support, you can hold the front bench with your hands.
- In the second step, you have to squeeze your butt muscles and straighten your legs until they are parallel to your hips. This will be your starting position for the best glute muscle workout for men.
- Begin by raising one leg higher than the other leg.
- Lower the raised Leg.
- Then switch the process to the other leg by lifting it up.
- By this you have completed the flutter kicks.
You can repeat the flutter kick exercise up to the recommended amount of reps 4-5 times of one leg, do 3 sets. Keep your switching motions controlled all the time.
Exercise # 04: Standing Leg Lift : Back Kick
(Equipment: a supporting sturdy surface)
How to perform this workout?
- You will have to get a sturdy, supportive surface and stand close to it. Hold this deck and stand up straight with both feet next to each other and shoulder width apart.
- While inhaling, Lift one leg back as you would a leg curl. You have to keep the other leg straight while performing this movement.
- While exhaling, slowly return the raised leg to the starting position, Then repeat the same steps 4-5 times for one leg.
- Now switch to the other leg, and do the same movement steps.
- This completes one set.
Repeat the movement for two legs, 3-4 sets.
Exercise # 05: Physio Ball Hip Bridge
(Equipment: a physio ball )
How to perform physio ball hip bridge?
- This is another exciting exercise. To perform the physio hip ball, first lie on the physio ball so that your back is on the ball and your hips are not supported, hanging in the air. Both feet should be flat on the floor, hip-width apart and hands on the hips. This will be the starting position.
- Using your butt and hamstrings, lift your hips up as you make a bridge.
- Here you should feel the contraction in the buttock muscles for a few seconds and then return to the starting position.
Repeat 4 to 6 reps as recommended.
Butt Trainer Tool
Helps you improve and speed up symmetric toned buttocks, easy to use, effective result. (Great opportunity while stay at Home, click here for more info)
Avoid flat glutes by incorporating lower body exercises into your daily training routine, It will give you a great toned body and athletic strength to start your day.
Note: Make sure you drink enough water after your workout in order to help you replace fluids lost through sweating and to keep your body hydrated.