Target Exercise Details (Men’s Glute Workouts)
Body Part: Hips
Target Muscle: Glutes
Category: Exercise for men
Glute exercises are not gender specific, and field experts recommend them for both, but in this article we highlight glute exercises for men at home.
In fact, we incorporate the gluteus maximus muscle into everyday life without even noticing it, as in walking or lifting things! This is why glute exercises for men are essential.
In General, The Glutes is the second largest muscle in your body (after the Quad Muscle) and is the most strongest muscle group, which deserves more of your attention. A strong set of glutes can prevent injuries, improve athletic performance, and help you move well as you age.
Most of us think that general lower body exercises will take care of the back side. Well, it is not so.
When it comes to training, I prefer to stick to the basics. To strengthen your butt muscles, you only need two things: drive and dedication. You have to train your butt muscles hard and diligently to get a great response.
It’s time to give your glutes some extra time from your workout plan.
Before jumping right into the exercises, let’s take a look at the following gluteal muscles benefits and it’s structure.
Benefits of Glute Workouts
There are many benefits for to home buttock muscle exercises, which target the lower body and balance your core. Here is a list of the main advantages:
- Many of us suffer from poor posture, which leads to lower back pain. Buttock exercises for men allow you to stretch the hip flexor muscles and improve the correct posture of the body.
- Moreover, gluteal exercises can also help in losing the size of the abdomen and rebalancing its shape.
- A Strong glutes can support your lower back and can easily help you perform activities of daily living.
- The Layers of the Gluteus Maximus structure play a big role, as they can generate energy in your body such as speed, acceleration and endurance.
- It can be helpful in maintaining your bone density at the standard mark.
- Your pants will fit and shape better.
The gluteal muscles layers are a combination of three muscles that ultimately build up the buttocks. These three muscles are the gluteus Maximus, gluteus Medius and gluteus Minimus. These muscles perform a variety of functions such as extension, abduction, external rotation, and internal rotation. These also include knee extension.
A) Gluteus Maximus
Maximus is the largest muscle of the three layers of the gluteus, it is located externally and actually serves to define most of the visible external shape of the buttocks. Attached with coccyx and bone in the surrounding area.
The Functionality: The main function is to allow movement of the thighs and hip. When you sit or get up from a surface. In your routine life, you may have to climb stairs several times a day and this would not be possible without the health of this muscle layer. Even if you just have to be upright position.
B) Gluteus Medius
The middle muscle or so called the Medius, is the second largest of the gluteal muscle outside the pelvis and is thick, broad and bright. Its partial area covers the largest muscle of the gluteus maximus that mentioned above.
The Functionality: The main function is to enable the rotation of the thighs which makes it possible for a person to walk freely. There is a series of ridges located on the femur bone called the greater trochanter. The Medius plays a role in attaching the top of femur and hip joints together in this bony prominence.
C) Gluteus Minimus
Minimus, located deep in the gluteus Medius, looks like a triangular shape. It is the smallest of the 3 major gluteal muscles and is located just below the Medius. Minimus can be referred to as a secondary muscle.
The Functionality: It can greatly help in extending and stabilizing the hips. It appears from the outer surface of the ilium between the anterior lines and the base of the gluteal lines. It is called a powerful abductor that enables rotation of the hip joint as well as the thighs.
Do We need to Warm up before Glutes Workout for Men?
Warming up and stretching are an important part of every body workout. You can perform a simple glute squats to get enough amount warm-up in the gluteal muscles. You can start by performing up to 20 repetitions. For an additional warm-up, you can perform Gluteal Muscle Stretching Exercises.
People often perform gluteal muscles workouts at wrong angles and end up damaging themselves.
Glute Exercises for Men at Home
1: Butt Lift Bridge
(Equipment: Exercise Mat)
How do you perform this workout?
- To perform the glute exercise for men, you need to lie on the floor first. You should put your hands at your side and bend your knees as shown in the image above. This will be your starting position.
- Slowly lift your buttocks off the floor with the help of your heels by pressing them against the floor. Until keep your back straight. Hold this contraction position for 3 seconds while exhaling.
- While inhaling, slowly return to the starting position, thus completing the buttock bridge exercise once.
You can perform this exercise for 6-8 reps of one set.
2: One Legged Cable kick back
(Equipment: pulley and cable)
How to perform this workout?
- Take the leather cuff and secure it to the lower cable pulley. Then attach the ankle strap to your ankle to begin performing the glutes exercise for men.
- You can grip the steel bar attached to the machine to support you while you are standing.
- Tighten your glutes muscles by pushing that leg back in a semi-circular arc at a 45-degree angle. Make sure your knees and thighs are slightly bent. For maximum contraction, hold your leg in the upper back position for 3 seconds.
- Slowly bring your leg straight while inhaling. Pause, you have to resist the pulling in this step and bring it back slowly.
You can perform this in the recommended amount of repetitions, 4-5 times for each leg. Once you’re complete with the set, switch to another leg and get started.
3: Flutter Kicks
(Equipment: a Simple Home Straight Bench )
How to perform this workout?
- To perform flutter kicks, lie on a flat workout bench with your hips resting on the edge of the bench. Keep your legs straight and your toes off the ground. For support, you can hold the front bench with your hands.
- In the second step, you have to squeeze your butt muscles and straighten your legs until they are parallel to your hips. This will be your starting position for the best glute muscle workout for men.
- Begin by raising one leg higher than the other leg.
- Lower the raised Leg.
- Then switch the process to the other leg by start lifting it up.
- With this you have completed the flutter kicks.
You can repeat the flutter kick exercise up to the recommended amount of reps 4-5 times for one leg, do 3 sets. Maintain control of the switching motions between legs at all times.
4: Standing Leg Lift : Back Kick
(Equipment: a supporting sturdy surface)
How to perform this workout?
- You will have to get a sturdy supporting surface, and stand close to it. Hold this surface and stand up straight with both feet next to each other and with shoulder width apart.
- While inhaling, Lift one leg back as you would a leg curl. You have to keep the other leg straight while performing this movement.
- As you exhale, slowly return the raised leg to the starting position, Then repeat the same steps 4-5 times for one leg.
- Now switch to the other leg, doing the same steps of the movement.
- This completes one set.
Repeat the movement for two legs in 3-4 sets.
5: Physio Ball Hip Bridge
(Equipment: a physio ball )
How to perform physio ball hip bridge?
- This is another exciting exercise. To perform the physio hip ball, first lie on the physio ball so that your back is on the ball and your hips are not supported, keeping them suspended in the air. Both feet should be flat on the floor, hip-width apart and hands on the hips. This will be the starting position.
- Using your butt and hamstrings, lift your hips up as you make a bridge.
- Here you should feel the contraction in the buttock muscles for a few seconds and then return to the starting position.
Repeat 4 to 6 reps as recommended.
Butt Trainer Tool
Helps you improve and speed up the symmetric toned buttocks, easy to use, effective result. (Great opportunity while staying at Home, click here for more info)
Avoid flat glutes by incorporating lower body exercises into your daily training routine, It will give you a great toned body and athletic strength to start your day.
Note: Make sure you drink enough water after your workout in order to help you replace fluids lost through sweating and to keep your body hydrated.