The only way to build a great quad muscle like the one shows in the picture, is by following the quad exercises for women.
These muscles also known as Quadriceps muscles, and responsible for many daily routine in our life’s, including walking, running, lifting objects are just a few important examples. To insure our ability to perform these movements without injury, make sure to start gain quad strengthening exercises to support your legs, increase its stability, speed and required force power to perform such activities.
In addition to balance quads, it’s important to workout on the rear muscles chain which is located on the back of your legs like hamstring and calves to insure the muscles balance and symmetry of overall body shape.
To stimulate and increase the size of these muscles, it is must to insure workouts by extending the knees, through various levels of resistance challenge.
How mush huge, strength and size limit of your muscles can can reach, mostly depends on you. When you maintain the consistency of the workouts plans, to build a toned and beautiful Quads muscle shape of your dream. You can reach to that level by determine and setting up daily goals.
Now Let’s start by highlighting and discussing what is the importance, benefits and functionality for gaining quads muscles?
Quads for Everyday Sports
Quads is for everyday life, they helps you in walking, getting up from the chair, Climb stairs and Squatting. And support you in many different sports like speed in marathon or jumping in basketball. If we talk about running, to improve your performance, better joint stability and avoid training injury, you need to perform plenty of legs strength exercises.
One of popular sports which develop Quads naturally is cycling. Cyclists are well known for having a huge quads muscle.
Quads Muscle Function
The main primary Quadriceps function is to bend and straighten your knees. It’s a powerful muscle attached to the below of the joint knees and works as a resistance against bending knees like squat or any body weights.
One of the Quad bulk muscles known as (rectus femoris) is responsible for rotating the hips. More over Quads works in a harmony with other leg muscles, such as hamstrings and thighs, to boost effective movement, sprint, squat and balancing.
Quads Muscle Structure
The quads function are powerful muscles responsible for ex-tensors of the knee joint. which is crucial for movement activities. In addition, it’s main function to flexor of the Hip.
There is 4 muscles, 3 of them originates on the femur or the thighbone:
- Vastus Medialis, on the inner front part of the femur.
- Vastus Lateralis, on the outer front of femur.
- Vastus Intermedius, between the two Medialis and Lateralis.
- Fourth muscle, the Rectus Femoris, located on top of the vastus intermedius and goes down in the middle of the thigh. It originates on the front of the pelvis below the anterior superior iliac spine (the hipbone part) “check below image, it explains quads anatomy diagram”.
Benefits of Quads Workout
Many benefits for Quads exercises, which target the lower-body and main Leg muscles. Below is the list of major benefits:
A well strong quad muscle, apply stability to the knee joints.
Avoid legs from any different possible injuries.
Provide help and support during walking or running. In addition other activities including riding a bicycle or lifting objects.
Keeping strengthening the quads is important to maintain its flexibility.
Helping you in burn more fat tissues or any leg muscles waste.
Quad muscles gradually become weaker when getting in age, if they are not engaged in any workout during the life time passed, at the end it will become more difficult to stand up, using down stairs and get up from the chair.
Safety Quads Equipment
Before starting your workouts, it is recommended to wear a knee pads to protect yourself from any sort of tissues damage. Since part of the Quad workout targets to get a powerful leg, their is a high stress exercises and pressure which will effect the Knees area.
How to do Quad Stretch?
Quads stretches and warm up is like a signal, which leads to initiate and engage muscle to be ready and startup for the coming workout. This is the most effective way to keep the quadriceps flexible and increase their range of motion, In order to prevent yourself from any possible injury. Below is the best quad stretches and more preferred one, which you can use for warm-ups:
- Dynamic stretches: Can be done by any aerobic exercises such as walking on a treadmill or any preferred place.
- Static: This is a simple stretch, you can start by standing near to a stable table, then hold with one hand one foot and raise it up behind your rear end. Then slowly pull your foot toward your butt, you will start feel the stretches in your quad. Hold for 15 seconds, release your hand and repeat by switch to the other leg.
- Prone Stretch: The steps is as the following:
- Lie on your abs stomach.
- Raise your upper body by place forearms flat on the floor and standing on your elbows. Forearms and biceps will shape 90 degrees (cat setting). Keep heads looking forward.
- Bend one of your knees on your back as far as possible towards your head.
- Hold position for 20 seconds.
- Return to starting position.
- Switch to another leg.
- Repeat exercise 4 – 6 times with each leg.
- The Frog Pose:
- Begin by lie on your stomach on mat or floor.
- Start raise your upper body by support your upper body with your elbows.
- Support upper body with your elbows, while bend both your knees, by set your feet and hold with your palms behind your back. You will feel contracting on your quads at this moment.
- You can set more pressure on quadriceps by pull your feet’s extra forward with by your hands a little bit.
For Other Helpful Detail Quad Stretches and Warms-Up.
Quad Exercises for Women
Exercise # 01: Leg Extensions
(Equipment: Leg Extension Machine)
This is isolation workout, works on one joint, which is the Knees, and will not be hard on the knees if exercise performed correctly. You can still work on the exercise in case you don’t have access to the machine by sitting in the home chair with ankle weights or by using resistance bands.
How to perform Leg Extensions?
- Select suitable weights that you can comfortable and still challenging to you.
- Secure your legs behind the pillar near your lower legs and hold the handles located by your sides for support.
- Contract your quads muscles while you raise the bar to the ceiling, your legs will be in parallel level with the floor. Keep your knees unlocked.
- Slowly lower back your legs to starting position.
Exercise # 02: Squat Workout
(Equipment: Body Only)
A squat is a strength exercise and effective workout for quads and overall body. It have improvement for blood circulation, useful for loss weights by get rid of fat and develop correct posture.
How to perform Squat?
- Stand up straight with your feet distance a bit wider than your hip and toes pointed outward slightly.
- Raise your arms crossed in front of your chest for balance during movement.
- Start bend your knees and lower your hips, like your sitting in a bench, so your quads will be parallel to floor. Insure keep your back straight.
- Once your hip on lower level, straighten your legs back to the starting position.
Exercise # 03: Lunges Exercise
(Equipment: Body Only)
This workout is simple yet effective to performed, it cover core body parts and maintain your balance. Also it have useful effect on hamstring muscle.
How to perform Lunge?
- Stand up with your back straight and with feet on hip width apart.
- Step forward your left leg, while keeping your spine vertical to the floor, bend your right leg and lower your body toward the floor. Insure both your knees flex at 90 degree.
- Hold this position for a while.
- Raise up your torso with straight up starting position.
- Switch and repeat with another leg.
Exercise # 04: Straight Leg Raises
(Equipment: a Mat)
It’s another simple way for Quads workout.
How to perform Straight Leg Raises ?
- Lie your back on a Mat.
- Bend left knees to a 90-degree angle and place your foot flat on the floor.
- Keep right leg extended with knee straight.
- Slowly raise up the right leg 14 inches from the floor and squeeze the thigh muscles. Pause position for 6 seconds.
- Then slowly return by lower your leg to the floor.
- Rest for 5 seconds and repeat 11 – 14 times.
- Switch legs and then repeat.
Exercise # 05: Wall Slides
(Equipment: Body Only)
The wall slides workout works on different group of muscles including Quads, Calfs muscles and Glutes.
How to perform Wall Slides?
- Stand up with body straight and your back against the wall, set your feet distance at shoulder-width apart. Keep Arms straighten besides you with palms towards the wall during all the exercise movement.
- Gently bend your knees, by sliding your back down the wall, until your knees are bent at angle 45-degree. (Further bent than this angel, can cause knees strain) Pause this position for 6 seconds.
- Upwards your body through straighten your knees gradually by gently sliding up your back through the wall until your body are fully upright and knees straight.
- Repeat exercise for additional (8) times.
I Hope Quads workout was helpful for you, if you have any Questions, or want to leave your own personal Notes, Please submit your comment below. I would Love to Help You.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You will be pleased by see more results by Time.