Target Routine Details (Women’s Thighs Workouts)
Body Part: Legs
Target Muscle: Thighs
Category: Exercise for Women
Is there many Girls who dreams of having well-toned and sculpted legs? Yes, most girls can go to any lengths to get strong and lean thighs. So, let’s learn thigh workouts for women so that you can flaunt your sexy legs.
The Well-toned thighs ensure you can wear your LBDs and shorts with ultimate oomph.
In order to exercise the muscles of your thighs, you have to understand and be aware of their structure and the different layers of their components, this will allows you to work out these target muscles, and how to deal with them.
In addition, we will quickly highlight the main benefits of thigh muscles after learning and gaining the required awareness of muscle structure and function.
Thigh Muscle Structure
Our thighs are mainly made up of several major muscles. The hamstrings are located in the back of the thighs while the quadriceps are located in the front of the thighs. The abductors form the inner thigh muscles.
Our legs are a vital part of our bodies because they assist us with the movement. Without strong legs, we cannot move or perform our basic daily tasks. The thigh muscles give stability and strength that our bodies require.
The Hamstrings help bend the knees. The Quadriceps muscle is responsible for extending the knees.
Thighs are a huge part of our body and we remember them when we have to wear bikinis or short sexy dresses. Don’t let your thighs dampen your spirits. In the section below I will highlight how to overcome this.
Benefits of Thighs Workout
There are many benefits to thigh exercises for women that target the lower body. So, What does thighs working out do? Here is a list of the main benefits:
- Strong legs also to ensure better stability of the body during movement.
- It has the effect of losing weight quickly. Especially in the leg area.
- Reduce the chances of developing lower back pain.
- You get well proportioned and well rounded legs which makes you look really sexy.
Safety Thigh Equipment Before Workout
First, the thigh exercises focus on the legs in general, you have to ensure the safety of this part to avoid any medical problems or injuries in this area.
Like any leg exercise, it is recommended that you secure your knees and ankles. Wrap your knees in a strong bandage material to provide extra protection for your joints.
How to warm up inner Thighs?
Warming up is important before you start exercising. Warming up increases blood flow throughout the body and ensures joint relaxation. This helps you perform better as well as prevent injuries. With a proper warm-up, you can really get into the mood and focus on your workouts for better results.
Before you begin your thigh workout regimen, make sure you warm up your body properly. A light cardio is best for this. You can do running and basic stretches to prepare your body for a thigh workout. In addition, you can perform the High Knees routine.
Click on the link for more details on the Inner Thigh Stretches Muscle.
Here is a list of thigh exercises for women that you can include in your workout regimen to get very sexy legs.
Thigh Workouts for Women
In this section we will explain how to exercise the muscles of the thighs, So how to get sexy toned legs?
1: Side Lunges
(Equipment: Body Only)
This thigh exercise for women is great for improving the balance and stability of the body. Side lunges will shape the glutes and work the muscles of the thighs.
In short, a side lunges workout are similar to performing a squat, but in addition you send one leg at a time to your side, and then switch to the other leg.
How to perform Side Lunges?
- Stand straight with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
- Take into Squats position, while holding both hands in front of you, bend your left knee and push your thigh up, then take a big step to your left side, sending your left leg toward the left as far away from your body as possible.
- Return to a standing position by pushing on your left heel.
- Then slide your left leg in front of the body but not touch the ground. When crossing the leg, squeeze into the inner thighs.
- Repeat this 15 times with both legs, each one at a time.
2: Reverse Lunge with a Knee Lift
(Equipment: Body Only)
The reverse lunge is a simple and easy thigh exercise that most beginners can try. It’s the reverse of the routine (side lunges) that you need to move the legs forward and reverse, rather than to the sides. It works all the major muscle groups in the leg and is perfect for toning your legs.
How to perform Reverse lunge?
- Stand straight with your legs and shoulders apart.
- Set your body into squats position, then send your left foot back and stand on your toes, making sure that the right knee form 90-degree angles, with quads parallel to floor. Ensure that the left shin is parallel to the ground.
- Now, extend both knees while pushing your right heel into the floor. Lift your left leg, by bringing the knee close to your chest level, and then return to the previous position.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times for each leg.
3: Squat Jumps
(Equipment: Body Only)
Here is one simple inner thigh workout you have been looking for. It brings so many benefits that you should make it a part of your leg day. Squat jumps improve mobility and balance your legs. It burns fat faster and also develops muscle too. It is very good for shaping the thigh muscles.
How to perform Squat jumps?
- Stand upright with your feet slightly wider than shoulders width and hands at your sides.
- Get into a squats position while engaging your core muscles.
- Feel the tension in your thighs and butt and now explode into a jump.
- While jumping, straighten your legs and arms completely, like you are flying.
- Land on your ball foot and into a squatting position.
- Repeat this exercise for 10 rounds. Doing 3 sets will be enough to tone your thighs.
4: Romanian Deadlift
(Equipment: Kettle bell or Dumbbells)
It is a bit tough and challenging and therefore ideal for those who are willing to stretch themselves. The Romanian deadlift is the best for women thigh workouts.
It improves flexibility and mobility and prevents injuries. It works the muscles of the front and rear thighs and is therefore more effective in shaping the thighs.
How to perform Romanian Deadlift?
- At first, stand straight, legs wide apart. Keeping your knees slightly bent and holding the Dumbbells in front of your thighs.
- With your palms pointed at your body, squeeze your legs and bend your body at the waist by lowering the weights and hanging them above the floor.
- While returning to the initial position, squeeze the butt muscles.
- Do this exercise in 3 sets of 12 reps.
The Romanian Deadlift is great for toning your glutes and hamstrings muscles. Repeat this regularly as part of your thigh exercises.
(Equipment: a pair of Dumbbells )
Workouts that involve the core muscles of the body are the best for us as they bring a lot of benefits. Thruster is a good example of this. It’s a compound exercise that improves your endurance, boosts metabolism, and tightens your thighs. It works all thigh muscles and is good for both beginners and experts.
How to perform Thrusters?
- Stand straight, with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Grab the dumbbells with both hands, raise them above your shoulder, with arms extended, keep your palms facing your body.
- Slowly lower your body to make your thighs rest parallel to the ground, while keeping your torso straight, slowly lower the dumbbells to land close above the shoulders.
- Now slowly push your body up to a standing position while pressing the dumbbells far above the shoulders, by return to the starting position.
- Do the thrusters in sets of 3 with 10 reps in each set.
6: Squat Machine
(Equipment: Sissy Squat )
With this pretty compact Sissy Squat machine, you can perform multiple workouts for legs muscles, not only the thighs, but also the quads, abs, buttocks and lower back, all-in-one piece.
You can check out more features of this machine and the exercises you can perform on it, if you are interested in the details you can click on the article on the Leikefitness Sissy Squat machine.
Now you can confidently wear a swimsuit or jeans you’ve been hiding in your wardrobe. With this workout to shape women sexy thighs, you can trim your legs and sculpt your thighs for a sexy look. Improve your figure, look smart, and flaunt a great body with our handpicked thigh exercises designed specifically for females.
I hope the thighs workout was helpful to you, if you have any questions, or want to leave your own personal feedback, please send your comment below post. I would Love to Help You.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to the Next Strength level!
If you are interested in giving your legs more symmetry and balancing them, you can check out Quads Workout for Women, to add another step level to improve the shape of your legs.
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You’ll be happy to see more muscle building results over time.