Exercise Details (Leg Thighs Workouts)
Body Part: Legs
Target Muscle: Thighs
Equipment: Leg Press
Category: Exercise for men
Maybe you want to play football, become healthier, or look better while walking time in beach season, but whatever your personal goal is, you need to get strong Best Legs Thighs in order to accomplish it.
The good news is that it’s really easy to exercise your legs and you don’t need an expensive gym contract to get them into nice shape. In fact, you don’t even need to leave your house. An added bonus is that most leg exercises actually work out with your entire body and will help you burn calories and lose weight at the same time.
In addition for a guy’s it’s a big problem of not finding suitable jeans that fit, because of slight legs thighs! Imagine how jeans look like with muscular build legs!
Not to worry: by developing a lifestyle to reduce fat, picking a cardiovascular workout for your thighs, and combine exercises that target the thigh muscles into your workouts, you can develop your thigh muscles to be just as strong as you have always dreamed.
It is important to remember, to perform a good stretching session both before and after the workouts.
Below is our selection of the (5) best legs thighs workouts that you can do in the comfort of your own home. But before let’s talk a bit about the structure and benefits of thighs muscle.
Thighs (Sartorius) Muscle
Sartorius muscles are the longest muscles in a human body that extends to the length of your thigh. It is used in everything including walking, jogging and many more. Whenever you use your lower body, the sartorius gets activated making your leg inner thighs strong.
The thigh has three main sets of strong muscles: the Hamstring muscles in the back of the thigh, the Quadriceps muscles in the front, and the Adductor muscles on the inside. The quadriceps and hamstring muscles work together to straighten (extend) and bend (flex) the leg. The adductor muscles pull the legs together.
Benefits of Thigh Muscle Workout
- You sartorius muscle are of key importance in every leg yoga. You have to bend your knee and hip to perform it. So, for that you must have a strong sartorius.
- Sartorius exercise has been tagged as the most beneficial exercise for our complete lower body.
- Your body flexibility can be increased when you perform sartorius in routine.
- Moving largest muscles of the body legs require a lot of energy. Workout like squats and deadlifts engage, will boost overall body strength.
First of all these muscle workout concentrate on overall legs muscle, you need to insure you don’t have any health issue with this area.
As any leg workout It’s recommended to secure your Knees and Ankles. By have a pair of good comfortable shoes while exercises. And wrap your knees with strong pad materials for extra protection.
Do we need a Warm-Up?
Warms up and stretches are a key part of every exercise of our body part. The warm up should imitate the target muscle by pumping that muscle. We can do high knee slaps for our Sartorius. Furthermore, for warm up you can perform simple quads to pump your sartorius specifically.
For Additional Detailed Inner Thigh Stretches Muscle.
Best Legs Thighs Workouts for Men
Exercise # 01: Step Ups
(Equipment: a stable chair or box)
How to Perform?
- Stand in front of a table, chair or a solid workout bench whose height is at your knee level. Keep your feet at shoulder width apart.
- By making an angle of 45-degree, step onto the box with your right foot. Don’t forget to keep your back fully straight while performing this exercise.
- Then push yourself up with the force of your right foot. Don’t forget to keep your left foot at floor down and stretched in a way that it gets a most contraction. The picture above depicts the correct and complete way of performing this Sartorius muscle exercise. You may use no weight and perform it simply.
- Return to the starting position and start the workout with your other leg.
You may repeat the exercise as desired, switching the legs after complete movement of one.
Exercise # 02: Narrow Leg Squat
(Equipment: a Body Only (no equipment required))
How to perform?
- Stand straight with your feet joined with each other. You can join and put your arms on your chest for a better balance.
- Then, you have to lower your buttocks slowly. Keep in mind that you have to keep your back straight. Squat down as below as you can. When at the extremely low position, hold that contraction and pump for a second while performing this Sartorius muscle exercise.
- After holding on that position for a second, return back to the starting position gently and repeat the rep again for this leg inner thigh exercise.
- If you are facing difficulty to keep up the balance, you can step out your foot a little.
You may repeat this as 8-10 Reps.
Exercise # 03: Weighted Step Ups
How to Perform?
- Stand in front of a platform bench. Adopt a stance in which you keep your back straight.
- Grasp the dumbbells with your both hands. This would be your starting position for this leg inner thighs exercise.
- Gently raise your right foot and place it on the raised platform. Keep your left thigh stretched out to the maximum level. With the force of your right foot, raise yourself up on the platform completely. Give a pause here.
- Then bring back your left foot back on the floor and make sure you bent that leg a little bit so that you can prevent from injury.
Use alternate legs to repeat the workout and have reps of up to 6 per each leg side.
Exercise # 04: Narrow legged Leg Press
(Equipment: required a leg press machine)
How to perform?
- When you start using leg press machine for your leg inner thighs, just sit down on the seat and place your legs on the stand of the machine. The width of the legs should be shoulder width for better balance.
- Then lower the safety bar of the leg press machine while holding the weighted platform properly and stretch the legs to a full extent. Before removing the safety bar, do check the platform weight by just pushing it to avoid any mishap.
- While inhaling, allow the platform to come down and make sure that your upper and lower legs make a perfect 90-degree angle. If it’s not a 90-degree angle, it means it is not correct leg inner thighs exercise.
- Then push back the platform to its starting position with the help of your heels and quads.
Repeat the process for the recommended 6-8 times.
Exercise # 05: Weighted Narrow Squats
(Equipment: a Pair of Dumbbell )
How to perform?
- For this workout you need to stand with your feet joined with each other. In other exercises that point was to keep feet at shoulder width apart.
- Maintain a straight back and head up for this sartorius muscle exercise.
- Then you will bend yourself until your calves and thighs make an angle of 90 degrees. You will be carrying dumbbells in your both hands.
- When you get to the maximum contraction position, hold it for a second and then shift back to the starting position.
This is a good workout for warm up of sartorius. You may repeat 5-7 times as recommended.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You will be pleased by see more results by Time.