Exercise Details (Leg Thigh Workouts for Men)
Body Part: Legs
Target Muscle: Thighs
Equipment: With & Without Equipment
Category: Exercise for men
The Thigh are a important muscle resource for guys these days, which represents and shows how strong and powerful they are. On the other hand, few men overlook this muscle, because it takes time to build and toned the leg and reshape it the way it should be.
Maybe you want to be a runner, play soccer, get healthier, or look better, but whatever your personal goal, you need to have strong thighs in order to achieve it.
The good news is that it’s really easy to work out your legs and you don’t need an expensive gym subscription to get them in shape. In fact, you don’t even need to leave your home, you can simply perform leg workouts for men at home. An added bonus is that most leg exercises actually work with the rest of your entire body and will help you burn calories and lose weight at the same time.
Plus it’s a big problem for a man not to find the right jeans, because of the thin legs in the thighs! Imagine what jeans look like with muscle building legs!
Don’t worry about that, By developing a fat-reducing lifestyle, choosing cardiovascular exercises for your thighs, and combining exercises that target the thigh into your workouts, you can develop your thigh to be just as strong as you’ve always dreamed of, by following inner thigh workout for men as we will explain in the article below.
It is important to remember to do a good thigh stretching session before and after the exercise, to remove any muscle strain or tightness and make it ready for the exercise, we will explain this shortly before the exercise.
But before we talk about inner thigh workout at home for men let’s cover a little bit about the structure and benefits of the thigh muscles.
Thighs (Sartorius) Muscle Anatomy
The Sartorius muscle is the longest muscle in the human body that extends the length of your thigh. It is used for everything including walking, jogging and many more. Whenever you use your lower body, the Sartorius is activated making the inner thighs of your leg strong.
The thigh contains three main groups of powerful muscles: the Hamstring muscles in the back of the thigh, the Quadriceps muscles in front, and the Adductor muscles on the inside. The quadriceps and hamstring muscles work together to straighten (extend) and flex (bend) the leg. The adductor muscles pull the legs together.
In the diagram below, show the location of the inner thigh on the inside of the body, which connects and interacts with the major leg muscles, as we plan to build using good inner thigh exercises for men.
Benefits of Thigh Muscle Workout
- The Sartorius muscle is of major importance in every leg yoga. You have to bend your knee and hip to do this. Therefore, you must have a strong Sartorius.
- Sartorius exercise has been rated as the most beneficial exercise for our entire lower body.
- The flexibility of your body can be increased when performing routine thigh workouts.
- Moving large muscles in the legs requires a lot of energy. Employ Exercises such as squats and deadlifts will increase overall body strength.
- When you develop the muscles of the thighs, it reflects and increases the performance of sports activities such as running, and helps runners increase their speed.
First of all, these muscle exercises focus on building the overall muscles of the legs, you need to make sure that there is no problem of any spasm or excessive tightening in this area, to avoid any injuries.
Like any leg exercise, it is recommended that you secure your knees and ankles. By having a pair of good comfortable pad materials to wrap your knees for extra protection.
Do We Need a Warm-Up?
Warm-up and stretching are an essential part of every body part exercise. The warm-up should imitate the target muscle by pumping that muscle. We can do high-knee slaps for Sartorius as shown below. Moreover, in order to warm up, you can perform simple quads to specifically pump up your Sartorius.
For more muscle warm-up steps, you can check the Inner Thigh Stretches Muscle.
Here is a selection of (5) top inner thigh exercises and for legs, that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
Best Leg Thigh Workouts for Men
1: Step Ups
(Equipment: a stable chair or bench)
How to Perform?
- Stand in front of a table, chair or a solid workout bench that’s about knee-high. Keep your feet shoulder width apart. This is starting position.
- Climb onto the bench with your right foot, making a 45-degree angle. Don’t forget to keep your back completely straight while performing this exercise.
- Then raise your body, by pushing yourself with the force of your right foot on the bench, climb up with your left foot and place it on the bench, keeping your legs extended in such a way that you get the most contraction, keeping your feet shoulder-width apart. The image above shows the correct and complete way to perform the Sartorius muscle step ups exercise. Simply no weights required to perform it.
- Return to the starting position by returning and lowering the right leg back onto the floor, then lowering the left leg back.
- Repeat and start the exercise again.
You can repeat the exercise 6 times in 4 sets, switching legs after completing each set.
2: Narrow Leg Squat
(Equipment: a Body Only (no equipment required))
How to perform?
- Stand straight with your hands tied together and put your arms close in front of your chest, or keep your arms straight parallel to the floor for better balance.
- Head looks straight ahead during entire workout.
- Keep your feet close as possible.
- Next, lower your body and slowly push your buttocks back. Keep in mind that you must keep your back straight and feet flat on floor. Squat down until your thigh is parallel to the floor. When you are in this lowered position, hold this for a few seconds to stimulate contraction and pumping of the muscles while performing this sartorius exercise.
- After holding this position for a second, return to the starting position by gently lifting your body.
- Then repeat the exercise.
You may repeat this exercise as 8-10 Reps.
3: Weighted Step Ups
How to Perform?
- Hold dumbbells with both hands.
- Stand in front of the platform bench, keeping your back straight, and your feet shoulder width apart. This will be your starting position for thigh workouts for men.
- Gently lift your right foot and place it on the platform bench. Keep your left thigh extended to the maximum level. Using the strength of your right foot, lift yourself up on the platform by placing your left feet on the bench. Pause at this position for a second.
- Then Return to starting position. By put your left foot back on the floor and make sure that leg is slightly bent so you can prevent injury. Then put your right foot back on the ground.
- Then repeat the workout again by switch the legs, to exercise and toning the inner thigh of the leg.
Switch between legs and repeat the exercise and have reps of up to 6 per side of the leg in 4 sets.
4: Narrow legged Leg Press
(Equipment: Leg Press Machine)
With feet narrow and close together, this press workout will target your outer thigh muscles, it’s the men’s favorite exercise.
How to perform?
- When you start using a leg press machine for your outer thighs, simply sit on the seat and place your legs on the machine stand. The width of the legs should be close to each other for better balance and focus workout tension on the outer part of the legs.
- Before removing the safety bar, check the weight of the platform by just pushing it in to avoid any mishap. Then lower the safety bar of the leg press while holding the properly weighted platform and extending the legs as far.
- While inhaling, allow the platform weights to descend and make sure your upper and lower legs form a perfect 90-degree angle. If the angle is not at a 90 degree angle, it means that it is the wrong thigh and leg exercise movements.
- Then return the weights, and raise them to a higher level by pushing the platform back to its starting position with the help of the heels and quads.
Repeat the leg press for the recommended reps of 6 to 8 times in 2 sets.
5: Weighted Wide Squats
(Equipment: a Pair of Dumbbell )
How to perform?
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with a suitable weight, palms facing towards you.
- Stand with a straight back and a tight core, and keep your arms beside your body, with your feet slightly more than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your back straight and your head looking forward for best performance of this inner thigh exercises at home, this is starting position.
- Then bend your knees, by bringing your buttocks back so that your calves and thighs are at a 90-degree angle.
- Pause for a few seconds until you get the maximum muscle contraction for this exercise position.
- Then back to the starting position.
This is a good men’s inner thigh workout. You can repeat this 5 to 7 times as recommended with 3 sets.
The Thigh have a primary influence on the performance and strength of your leg, and they also play a role interconnect the quads and calves to perform the entire leg function, which many athletes incorporate into their workouts such as runners, soccer, or a workout builder.
You can achieve the lead and gain this muscle by yourself, by following the steps of the best inner or outer thigh exercises to build a powerful thigh muscle.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You’ll be happy to see you build more muscle results over time.