Do you know inner thigh stretches helps in improving body flexibility, also boost the athletic performance, and release Tight Thighs? Well, you need to start consider performing the inner thigh workout each day to ensure that your body is fit.
After day-long activities, you need to set aside time and stretch your thighs to improve body flexibility. Thigh exercises are simple, and you can do them anywhere since you don’t need help of any equipment, only using your body weight.
Inner thigh muscles are usually referred to as adductors. Five muscles make up the groin, and they are attached to the pelvic bone and the femur. These muscles play a very vital role in your body, which includes helping you to move safely and stabilizing your low back and hips.
In this article, will discuss and research the following aspects:
- Different types of thigh stretches
- Safety tips to consider on inner thigh stretches
- Benefits of thigh stretches
Inner Thigh Stretches
1) Crossover Stretch
For the lover of dancing, this could be the best stretch that you can try. It works similarly to the dance moves.
Here is what you need to do:
- Start on stand-up position, with your feet near together, then make one step to the left side with your left foot.
- Cross your right foot with your left leg.
- Ensure you bring your right foot to join closely the left foot, so both foot are together.
- You can begin the stretch slowly and eventually pick the pace as you go on.
- Now unlock both foots, in order you need to repeat on the other side direction.
- Repeat the same steps for about 3 to 5 minutes.
2) Legs Swings
It’s the simplest stretch, which you can take because you only need to stand in one spot and swing your legs as you warm- up. It will help the inner thigh muscles. Here is what you need to do for the stretching
- Choose a specific point where you will stand
- Begin by lifting your left leg off the ground and let your body weight on the left foot.
- You can begin with a slow pace and swing around your right leg, and you should avoid swinging the whole body to avoid falling.
- As you swing, the muscles will loosen up, and this would help increase the pace and swing the leg out for further moves.
- You can perform the same stretches for about 20 times on the same leg.
3) Butterfly Stretch
If you feel you have done all your thigh workout, you can boost the flexibility and also the range of motion to ensure your muscles relax well. Here is how you need to stretch the inner muscles:
- You need to choose a comfortable point place and sit on the ground.
- Ensure you place the soles of your feet together in front of you. After that, you should let your knees bend out to the sides.
- Place your hands on your feet as you pull your heels toward you.
- Ensure your back remains straight, and your abs are also engaged and this would let your knees relax effectively. At this point, you will feel a slight pressure on the groin muscles
- You need to breathe deeply, and this would help you hold on to the same position for about 30 seconds.
- You need to repeat the same process three times.
- For more groin stretches, you need to ensure you move your feet closer to your hips.
4) Reclined Bound Angle Pose
The stretch is inherited from Butterfly, It’s a relaxing stretch that would help you to relieve the tension of the muscles in your groin and hips area. If you spend most of the time while seated, then you need to undertake this stretch. Here is what you need to do:
- Place a mat on the floor, lie down on your back.
- Ensure you bend your knees and ensure you move your feet soles inward
- Move your knees toward the floor to ensure your groin muscles are adequately stretched.
- Ensure you breathe deeply and hold on the same position for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat the stretches for about three times and ensure you move your feet closer to your hips.
5) Lateral Squat
The lateral squat will also ensure you can strengthen your groin muscles and the legs. It’s a stretch which ensures that your adductors have been stretched adequately to meet important function. Here is what you need to do:
- Ensure that you stand upright and ensure your feet are width apart
- You need to shift your weight to the right leg and then bend your right knee. Then push your hips back as if you are sitting down.
- Ensure you drop down as many times as you could with your left leg straight.
- Ensure that your chest up and the weight centered on the right leg.
- Breathe deeply and hold on the same position for 20 second, and this would help you to relieve the body tension.
- Repeat the same process for (4) times each side.
6) Wall Straddle Stretch
It’s another great stretch that you can take and strengthen and increase your muscles flexibility. Here is what you need to do:
- Get a folded blanket or a pillow and lie down on your back while your body placed to closest point against the wall, by place both your legs parallel on the wall.
- Ensure scoot your body over the lower and bottom back on the blanket or the pillow.
- Ensure you adjust your body and the feet straight up to wall and heels on the wall.
- Keep your arms on the side or behind your head.
- Ensure your eyes are closed to ensure that your entire body is well relaxed.
- Now slowly separate both your legs by slide them to the sides, towards the floor. (similar to straddle a horse)
- Hold this position for 2-3 minutes. Keep breathing deeply while in this pose.
- Return your legs up straight and feet face ceiling.
- Repeat the same process for several times.
Safety Measurement to consider while performing Thigh Stretching Exercises
1) Choose A Comfortable Stretch
There are different types of inner thigh exercises that you can do. However, not all the stretch exercises work effectively for you. Hence, you need to choose the stretch that you are comfortable with. Choosing the wrong stretch would lead to discomfort and may also lead to unnecessary injuries.
2) Ensure You Start Slowly
While starting to make the stretches, you need to ensure that you start with the right pace and continue increasing the pace. When you make such stretches, it will ensure that you gain more flexibility in the body. Else if you rush while starting could damage or possibly cause strain to your muscle.
3) Ensure Have Deep Breath
Breathing is very crucial in all the thigh stretches because it would help them relieve the tension in the muscles. You need to have a deep breath for about 30 seconds, and this would help you stretch for longer.
4) Avoid Bouncing
Having sudden bouncy movement during the inner thigh muscles would affect your performance or cause some injuries in the body, which is unnecessary.
Benefits Of Stretching Your Inner Thighs
It Helps To relief The Muscles Tension
Every time you stretch your inner thighs, you release the tension which would otherwise cause problems in your thighs. Your groins have five different muscles, and you need to stretch them to ensure they are relatively relaxed.
Increase Blood Circulation
Blood circulation is very important in the body when you have inner stretches, it increase blood flow, which is essential. You should make a habit of stretching your inner things daily on specific time, and this would improve circulation in your body.
Stretches would ensure that you are more flexible and get that athletic body that you desire. Many people have issues with their muscles’ flexibility, which affects their legs movement.
It Helps Reduce Post-Workout Stretches
After a long-day schedule, you should make the inner stretches to help relieve the pains and ache in your body. Many people complain of pain on their bodies after working for long time, and this would be resolved by performing the inner stretches.
It Boosts Athletic Performance
If you have the plan to venture into athletics or you have a talent in athletics, then you need to stretch your thighs, and this would boost your performance. It would ensure that muscles are more elasticity and effective, thus giving your body the best fit and power charger when it comes to running.
It Will Help Improve Posture And Balance
If you have Issues with the Balance and Posture, then you need to start taking the inner thigh stretch, and they would improve your body balance. Your thighs has five different muscles, and this would stretch well and get better body posture.
Inner thigh muscles play a vital role in your body, and therefore, you need to keep them stretched for you to have a balanced and move safely. For instance, these muscles would ensure that you get the body balance, which you always desire, especially on the hips.
You need to make a routine to have inner thigh stretches either in the morning or after work or you can simply Motivate Yourself for Workout, and this would keep your body fit. However, you need to maintain body safety while making the stretches to avoid getting injuries.