Did you know that inner thigh stretches exercises help improve body flexibility, also boost athletic performance, and release tight thighs? Well, you need to start thinking about performing the inner thigh workout every day to make sure your body is fit.
After the whole day long activities, you need to take some time and stretch your thighs to improve the flexibility of the body. Thighs exercises are simple and you can do them anywhere even at home, because you don’t need the help of any equipment, just using your own body weight.
The inner thigh muscles are usually referred to as the adductors. The groin consists of five muscles, which are attached to the pelvic bone and femur. These muscles play a very vital role in your body, including helping you move safely and stabilize your lower back and hips.
In this article, you will discuss and research the following aspects:
- Different types of thigh stretches
- Safety tips to consider when stretching the inner thigh
- Benefits of inner thigh stretches
Inner Thigh Stretches
1) Crossover Stretch
For a dance lover, this might be the best stretch you can try. It works similarly to dance moves.
Here is what you need to do:
- Start in a standing position, with your feet close together, then using your left foot, take one step to the left side.
- This way your left leg crosses your right foot.
- Be sure to bring your right foot to stick with the left foot closely, so that both feet are together.
- With this, you can begin to stretch slowly and then choose a pace as you eventually complete these steps.
- Now unlock both feet, so you need now to repeat same steps in the other side direction.
- Repeat the same steps for 3 to 5 minutes.
2) Legs Swings
It is the simplest stretch, which you can do because you only need to stand in one spot and swing your legs while you warm up. It will help the inner thigh muscles. Here’s what you need to do to stretch the muscle:
- Choose a specific point where you will stand, then grab with one hand a sturdy pole that will supports your balance.
- Begin by lifting your left leg off the ground and resting your body weight on the right foot.
- You can start at a slow pace and swing your left foot around your right leg, you should avoid swinging the whole body to avoid falling, only the leg.
- As you swing, the muscles will loosen up, and this should help increase pace and swing the leg out for more movements stretches.
- You can perform the same stretches for about 20 times on the same leg.
- Then switch to the other leg, and repeat the steps.
3) Butterfly Stretch
If you feel like you’ve done all the workouts for your thighs, you can enhance your flexibility as well as your range of motion to ensure your muscles are well relaxed. Here’s how you need to stretch the inner muscles:
- You need to choose a comfortable place and sit on the floor.
- Begin by placing the soles of your feet together in front of you, touching each other.
- After that, you should let your knees bend to the sides.
- Place your hands on your feet as you pull your heels toward you.
- Make sure your back remains straight, and your abdominal muscles are also engaged and this should allow your knees to relax effectively. At this point, you will feel slight pressure on the groin muscles.
- You need to breathe deeply, and this would help you stay in the same position for about 30 seconds.
- You need to repeat the same process three times.
- To further stretch the groin, you have to make sure to move your feet closer to your hips.
4) Reclined Bound Angle Pose
Inherited from the butterfly, the stretch is a relaxing stretch that helps you relieve muscle tension in the groin and hips area. If you spend most of the time sitting, you need to do this stretch. Here is what you need to do:
- Place a mat on the floor, lie on your back.
- Make sure your knees are bent and make sure you move the soles of your feet inward, let them touch each others.
- Move your knees down toward the floor to ensure that your groin muscles are stretched enough.
- Make sure you breathe deeply and hold the same position for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat the stretches about three times, making sure to move your feet closer to your hips.
5) Lateral Squat
Lateral squats will also ensure that you can strengthen your groin and legs muscles. It is an extension that ensures that your adductors have been stretched sufficiently to fulfill an important function. Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure you are standing straight and your feet are wide apart
- You need to transfer your weight to the right leg and then bend your right knee slightly. Then push your hips back as if you were sitting.
- Extend the entire of your left leg to be at your side, and move it slightly back.
- Make sure to drop your body many times as low as possible while keeping your left leg straight.
- Make sure your chest is up and the weight is centered on the right leg.
- Breathe deeply and hold the same position for 20 seconds, this will help you relieve body tension.
- Repeat the same process (4) times for each side.
6) Wall Straddle Stretch
It is another great stretch that you can do that will strengthen and increase the flexibility of your muscles. Here is what you need to do:
- Get a folded blanket or pillow and lie on your back while your body is closest to the wall, then by placing your legs to be parallel to the wall.
- Make sure to move your body in the lower back so that the blanket or pillow is directly under it.
- Make sure adjust your body so your feet are straight against the wall and heels against the wall.
- Keep your arms at the side or behind of your head.
- Make sure your eyes are closed to ensure your entire body is relaxed.
- Now slowly separate your legs by slide them sideways towards the floor. (similar to riding a horse)
- Hold this position for 2-3 minutes. Continue to breathe deeply while in this position.
- Bring your legs to be straight and point your feet at the ceiling.
- Repeat the same process several times.
Safety Measurement that must be Observed while Performing Thigh Stretching Exercises
1) Choose A Comfortable Stretch
There are different types of inner thigh exercises that you can do. However, not all stretching exercises work effectively for you. Hence, you need to choose the extension that suits you best and feel comfortable with. Choosing the wrong stretch can cause discomfort and may even lead to unnecessary injuries.
2) Ensure You Start Slowly
As you start doing the stretching exercises, you need to make sure that you start at the correct pace and continue gradually to increase the pace. When you perform such stretches, you will ensure that you gain more flexibility in your body. Otherwise, the rush while starting could damage or cause your muscles to strain.
3) Ensure Have Deep Breath
Breathing is critical in all thigh stretches exercises, because it helps them relieve tension in the muscles. You should take a deep breath for about 30 seconds, this should help you stretch for longer.
4) Avoid Bouncing
Sudden bouncy movement during the inner thigh muscles may affect your performance or cause some injury to the body, which is not necessary.
Benefits Of Stretching Your Inner Thighs
Helps Relieve Muscle Tension
Every time you stretch your inner thighs, you release tension that could be causing problems in your thighs. Your groin has five different muscles, and you need to stretch them to make sure they are relatively relaxed.
Increase Blood Circulation
Blood Circulation is very important in the body when you perform inner stretches, it increases blood flow, which is essential. You should get into the habit of stretching your inner muscles daily at a specific time, and this will improve the blood circulation in your body.
Stretching exercises ensure that you are more flexible and will get the athletic body you want. Many people have problems with the flexibility of their muscles, which affects the movement of their legs.
Helps Reduce Post-Workout Pain
After a long day schedule, you should do inner stretches exercises to help relieve aches and pains in your body. Many people complain of pain in their bodies after working for a long time, and this can be solved by doing internal stretching exercises.
Boosts Athletic Performance
If you have a plan to venture into athletics or you have a talent for athletics, you need to stretch your thighs, and this will boost your performance. It will ensure that the muscles are more flexible and efficient, giving your body the best fit and an energy charger when it comes to running.
It Will Help Improve Posture And Balance
If you have Issues with the Balance and Posture, you need to start by taking the inner thigh stretch, this will improve your body balance. Your thighs have different essential muscles, which keep the sides of your body supported, and this should stretch well and improve your body posture.
The inner thigh muscles play a vital role in your body and thus, you need to keep them stretched in order to have balance and move safely. For instance, these muscles will ensure that you get the body balance you have always desired, especially at the hips.
You need to make a routine to stretch the inner thighs either in the morning or after work, especially people who sit for long periods at the desk, you can also simply Motivate Yourself to Workout, and this will keep you fit.
However, you need to maintain the integrity of the body while doing the stretching exercises to avoid getting injured.