Exercise Details (Women Lats Workouts)
Body Part: Back
Target Muscle: Lats
Category: Exercise for Women
Our back takes a lot of load for us. Latissimus dorsi or lovingly called lats is one of the largest muscles of our body, providing support to the spine and also helping in arms movements.
Naturally, these muscles are under a lot of stress, especially since most of us spend the majority of the day hunched over our electronic devices. Thus, it is important to work on the lats to get a strong and sturdy back.
Calls to all the gorgeous women out there, Don’t you want to wear backless dresses that make you look sexy? So, here is a list of lats workouts for women that you must include in your exercise regimen.
The latissimus dorsi plays a vital role in body movement. This muscle is responsible for extending and rotating the arms. When you swim, do pull up or even breathe, the lats are in function.
The lats is one of the largest muscles of the body. The triangle-shaped muscle is located in the middle of the back and divided symmetrically along the backbone. It is partially covered by the trapezius.
Benefits of Lats Workout
There are Major benefits for Lats workouts performed at home, which target the Middle-body. Below is list of major benefits:
- Working your lats ensure you get a robust back which is the basic structure of your body. Unless your back is strong, you cannot have rounded shoulders or strong arms.
- Lats exercises stabilize the body. They ensure your body is balanced.
- With lats exercises for women, you get a proportionate upper.
- A lean and toned back makes you look sexy and confident.
Before perform any LATS workout, it’s important while bending your knees to keep your back straight in any LATS exercise as it can avoid you from any kind of back injury. Thus it’s recommended to wear a Back Brace Belt.
Do You Need a Lats Warm-Up?
Of course, Yes. You should never start any exercise routine without warming up. The lats exercises for women are intense and you need to warm up properly before attempting them.
Start with head tilts, neck turns, arm and wrist circles. Follow these with shoulder and waist circles, jumping jacks and spot jogging and crunches, warm up all the major muscles of your body. Now you are ready for working your lats.
For more details of Stretching Lats Muscle and it’s Benefits.
Best Back Exercises for Women
Exercise # 01: Dumbbell Renegade Row Alternative
(Equipment: Dumbbells )
This is one of the best lats exercises for women. It involves the core, lower body, and hence perfect for every part. It tones the back and works on increases your strength.
How to perform Renegade Row?
- Get into the plank position with hands and toes. Keep a distance between two toes. With your palms facing each other, hold two dumbbells.
- Remain in the plank position and pull right elbow to raise the dumbbell towards your chest. Keep your abs tight and hips facing down.
- Repeat with the left hand and do this 12-16 reps.
- If you find it tough to do the exercise in the hand and toes plank position, try with hand and knees.
Exercise # 02: Bent Over Dumbbell Row Alternative
(Equipment: Dumbbells )
This is another great exercise for the lats. It uses dumbbells and is simple to do but strengthens the lats to give your perfect back shape and required power.
How to perform Alternate Bent Over Row?
- Stand with your feet wide apart. Bend down slightly at the knees and hold two dumbbells in your hands.
- Bend forward to lower your chest, let your arms hang down with your palms facing each other.
- Keeping your core tight, pull the right hand towards your chest, squeeze your shoulder blades.
- Hold the position and then lower the hand.
- Switch to the left hand.
- Repeat routine for 20 reps.
Exercise # 03: Resistance Band Lat Pulldown
(Equipment: Resistance Band)
The best back exercises for women must include the lats. They should tone your back, help you to get rid of fat, and increase its strength. Here is one lats exercise that uses bands to bring variety to your exercise regimen.
How to perform Lat Pulldown ?
- Secure the bands to the door and attach handles on each end of them.
- Grip the handles with your hand, stand around 4 feet from the door and kneel down on one knee.
- With your palms facing down, back and head straight, pull both handles down towards the out to make your hands even with your chin level.
- Then return to the initial position.
- Repeat for 10 times.
Exercise # 04: One Arm Rowing Dumbbell
(Equipment: Dumbbells )
This is perhaps the first lats workout you will learn if you join the gym. However, you can do it at home also. With a dumbbell and a bench, work on your back and make it strong and lean.
How to perform One Arm Rowing?
- Stand with the bench on one side. Put your left knee on the bench, hold the dumbbell in your right hand with the palm facing your thigh. Keep your left hand on the bench with the torso at a 90-degree angle.
- Pull the right hand towards the armpit, keeping the elbow close to the body. Feel the tension in your back and hold on this position for five seconds.
- Lower down the hand and come back to the initial position.
- Repeat by switch to your right hand.
- Do this exercise in 10-15 reps.
Exercise # 05: Dumbbell Pullover Chest
This is a tough one but great for the lats muscles. It works on your core also. Follow the steps and reap the benefits of one of the best back exercises for women.
How to perform Dumbbell Pullover?
- Put a dumbbell in the standing position on a bench. Lie down, vertical to the bench and place your shoulders on it. Make sure that your hips are below the bench and your legs are bent with the feet placed firmly on the ground. Your head should not touch the bench.
- Hold the dumbbell with both hands and pull it straight up your chest.
- Keep your arms straight, breathe in, and lower them in an arc behind your head. Feel the stretch on your chest.
- Bring the dumbbell back to the starting position, exhaling and following the same arc. Hold on to the initial position and repeat.
- Do this exercise 10-12 times.
So, now you know why you need strong lats. Follow these best back exercises for women and make your lats stronger, leaner and look hot in any backless dress.
I Hope Back workout was helpful for you, if you have any Questions, or want to leave your own personal Notes, Please submit your comment below. I would Love to Help You.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You will be pleased by see more results by Time.