Target Exercise Details (Lats Workouts for Women)
Body Part: Back
Target Muscle: Lats
Category: Exercise for Women
Our back bears a lot of burden on us as in carrying things and walking, it is our duty to add to our lives what is necessary to protect it, and strengthen it to avoid muscle weakness or back injuries in the future, we must start doing the best back exercises for women to overcome this, and as a reward you will gain a great toned lats muscles.
Latissimus dorsi or called lats is one of the largest muscles in the body, providing support for the spine and also helping in the movements of the arms.
Naturally, these muscles get a lot of tension, especially since most of us spend most of the day hunched over our electronic devices. Thus, it is important to work on the lats to have a strong and solid back.
Addressing all the gorgeous women, don’t you want to wear backless dresses that make you look attractive? So, here is a list of ladies lats exercises that you should include in your workout regimen.
The latissimus dors plays a vital role in the movement of the body. This muscle is responsible for extending and rotating the arms. When you swim, pull up, or even breathing, the lats on either side of your mid-back start to work.
The lats are one of the largest muscles in the body. The triangular muscle is located in the middle of the back and is divided symmetrically along the spine. It is partially covered with a trapezius.
Benefits of Strong Lats Workout
There are great benefits to lats workouts that can be performed at home, which target the middle part of the body. Here is a list of the main benefits:
- Working on your lats muscles ensures you gain a robust back which is the basic structure of your body. Without strengthening your back, you cannot have strong shoulders and arms that can carry heavy objects.
- Lats exercises for your back ensure to stabilize your body. and guarantee that your body is in balance.
- With women’s lats exercises, you will have a well-proportioned upper body.
- You get a slim, toned back that looks sexy and confident.
Before performing any Lats workout, pressure and tension are naturally created as part of the exercise, so it is important while bending your knees to keep your back straight in any LATS exercise because it can avoid any kind of back injury. Therefore, it is recommended to wear a Back Brace Belt.
How to Warm-Up Your Lats?
ِAbsolutely yes. You should not start any exercise routine without warming up the muscle. The lats exercises for women are intense and you need to warm up properly before workout them.
Begin simply by tilting the head and moving the neck, arm, and wrist in circles. Follow this with shoulder and waist circles, jumping, sprinting and crunches, warming up all the major muscles in your body. You are now ready to work on your lats.
For more details click on the article Stretching Lats Muscle and it’s Benefits.
Best Back Exercises for Women
1: Dumbbell Renegade Row Alternative
(Equipment: Dumbbells )
This is one of the easiest and best lats exercises for women. It engages the muscles of the abs, arms, the middle part of the body, thus it is perfect for the core of the body. It tones the back and increases your strength.
How to perform Renegade Row?
- Get into a plank position with hands and toes. Keep the same shoulder distance between the toes. With your palms facing each other, while holding two dumbbells.
- While in the plank position, raise your right hand by pulling the dumbbells close to your chest. Keep your abs muscles tight and your torso straight.
- Repeat with the left hand and do this for 12-14 reps.
- If you find it difficult to perform the exercise in a plank position of the hand and toes, try using the hand and knees.
The Renegade row is very similar to Knuckle Push Ups workout, but with dumbbells.
2: Bent Over Dumbbell Row Alternative
(Equipment: Dumbbells )
This is another great lats exercise. It uses dumbbells and is easy to do lats strengthening to give the perfect back shape and required power.
How to perform Alternate Bent Over Row?
- Stand with your feet a bit apart. Bend your knees slightly while holding two dumbbells in your hands.
- Bend your torso forward a bit, by lowering your chest, and let your arms hang parallel to your thighs, with your palms facing each other. This is the starting position.
- While keeping your core tight, pull your right hand toward your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades.
- Hold the position for a while, then lower the hand to its place.
- Switch to the left hand, and do the same.
- Repeat the routine for 20 reps.
3: Resistance Band Lat Pulldown
(Equipment: Resistance Band)
The top back exercises for women should include lats workout. It should work to tone your back, increase its strength, and help you lose body fat. Here is one lats exercise that uses loop bands to add variety and exciting to your workout regimen.
How to perform Lat Pulldown ?
- Secure the band to the door and attach the end of each end to the handles.
- Holding the two band with your hand on the other end, stand about 4 feet from the door and sit down on one knee, while keeping the foot on the side of the other leg flat on the floor. Make sure your arms are fully extended while holding the band, but the band is not too tight.
- With your palms facing down and your back and head straight, pull both band down toward the sides of your face, with your hands close to the level of your chin.
- Then return to the initial position.
- Repeat 10 times.
4: One Arm Rowing Dumbbell
(Equipment: Dumbbells )
This is probably the first exercise you will learn if you join a gym. However, you can do this at home as well. With dumbbells and a bench, workout on your back and keep it strong and lean.
How to perform One Arm Rowing?
- Stand next to the bench with one leg on one side of the bench. Conversely, place your left knee on the bench, and hold a dumbbell in your right hand with your palms facing inside.
- Place your left hand flat on the bench, making sure your torso is parallel to the bench. This is starting position.
- Pull the right hand toward the armpit, keeping the elbow close to the body. Feel the tension in your back and hold this position for five seconds.
- Lower your hand and return to the initial position.
- Repeat by switching sides and workout on your left hand.
- Do this exercise for 10-15 reps.
5: Dumbbell Pullover Chest
This is a tough workout, but very beneficial for your lats. It works on your core, too. Follow the steps and get the benefits of one of the back exercises for women.
How to perform Dumbbell Pullover?
- Place the dumbbells on a bench while standing. Lie perpendicular to the bench with your neck and shoulders on it. Make sure your hips hanging outside the bench, your legs are bent, and your feet are firmly planted on the floor. Your head should not touch the seat.
- Now grab a dumbbell with both hands and pull it straight up and above to your chest.
- Keeping your arms straight, inhale, and lower them in an arc behind your head. Feel the stretch on your chest.
- Return the dumbbells to the starting position above your chest, exhaling and following the same arc. Hold the initial position and repeat.
- Do this exercise 10-12 times.
Now, you know why you need strong lats. Follow the best back exercises for women and make your lats muscles stronger, leaner and look hot in any backless dress.
I hope the exercise was useful to you, if you have any questions, or want to leave your personal feedback, please send your comment below. I would love to help you.
You can find more exercises to strengthen the lower back for women, by following me below on Pinterest board:
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to the Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You will be pleased by see more results by Time.