Most of the people while workout intend neglecting the lower back exercises for men, cause it’s not seen for them and think it’s not mush important to practice! Will that’s not true case.
Cause these muscles works on your behalf in the background to support body sensitive spine which protect nerve system, which without it you cannot move single muscle.
In Addition, the main causes of lower back pain are muscle strain, lifting excess weight and injury to bonds, weak back muscles and discs that support the spine.
According to normal usual observation for people, back pain makes you sit up, stand and walk in a manner way that gives you pain relief. But by time passed, such wrong attitude and less back workout will leads to further more complicated and to medical healthy problem.
In order to reduce the pain and preventing any type of back injury, it is important to start strengthening erector spinae a part of your daily routine.
We have compiled some great exercises that will help in home remedies for lower back pains.
The are three main functions of the spine muscles:
- Protect the spinal cord, nerve roots and several body’s internal organs.
- Provide structural body support and balance to maintain an upright and correct posture.
- Enable flexible motion and movement.
Spine Muscle Structure
There is a wide and complex muscles group which works together to support the spine, help hold the body upright and allow the body to move, twist and flex in many directions.
Three types of back muscles helps the spine function are extensors, flexors and obliques.
- Extensor muscles which attached to back of spine and allows standing and lifting items. These muscles contains the large paired muscles in the back, called erector spinae, which help hold up the spine, and gluteal muscles.
- Flexor muscles which attached to the front of spine and allows flexing, bending body forward, lifting, and curve the lower back.
- Oblique muscles which attached to the sides of spine and help rotate the spine and maintain proper posture.
Benefits of Spinal Workout
There are many benefits for Spine workouts at home, which target the lower back body. Below is list of major benefits:
Removes waste from within the muscles.
Stimulates the maintain correct functions of muscles, tendon and bones.
For your neck and back, exercises maintain your health and keeps you young.
It keeps the muscles flexible, improves joints loose and the bones strong.
Protect you on future from back muscle pains or possible injuries.
Do you need a lower Back Warm-Up?
Warm ups and stretches are a significant part in every workout of our body part.
When crafting a lower back warm-up routine and erector spinae stretches, it’s important to understand the different levels it can move. If you only bend the spine forward and backward, but didn’t rotate or bend it to the side, you’re limiting spine access to it’s truly capable function.
Below Warm ups will Helps You in this regards:
1. Foam Roller Back Extension
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet planted.
- Place a foam roller or any similar object in your lower back where your bottom ribs are.
- Lie down on the roller and both your arms holds below your head.
- Slowly bend backward over the roller while exhaling, pushing the heads back toward the floor.
- Then raise your heads again. Then repeat.
2. Touch Your Toes
- Stand up straight with your feet close together without locking your knees.
- Raise your arms up overhead and look up.
- Flex forward and reach your hands toward the floor as possible to touch your toes (don’t bent your knees). In the same time, push your hips back and shift your weight into your heels.
3. Rock-Back Rotation
- Start by sitting on all fours with your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Rock your hips back onto your heels, keep your palm planted on floor.
- Put your right hand behind your head and turn your shoulders and head synchronous to the right as far possible as you exhale.
- Come back to the center.
- switch to other sides, then repeat.
- Repeat for 8 rotations on each side.
4. Cat Stretch
- Get all fours on the floor of your hands and knees.
- Round your back and breathe out.
- Then, arch your back up and breathe in.
- Repeat for 10 times.
If you’ve suffered from medical back pain Spine for any length of time, the doctor could advise you to avoid exercises that cause this pain such Moves like squatting and lifting.
The spine often become weak after injury is sustained or surgery is performed on the lower back. You can still avoid such injuries or relief Back pain by using Back Braces for more secure options.
For this reason, it is important to learn how to strengthen this muscle group for a complete recovery and before this could happen.
Lower Back Exercises for Men
Exercise # 01: Bird Dog
(Equipment: a Mat)
This workout will helps in toning and strengthen erector spinae along with creating a strength in your core.
How to do a Bird Dog?
- To start this exercise, you need to get on the floor with your knees and hands.
- Your hands should be in a straight line to the shoulders width and your knees should align to the same hands width.
- Now raise your right hand (90 degree from floor) and remember to keep your arm straight. Hold this position and raise your left leg in a straight position and parallel to the floor.
- Remain at this position for 2 seconds then switch sides.
You may follow this exercise repetition for 8 – 12 times.
Exercise # 02: Prone Superman
(Equipment: a Mat)
The prone superman exercise is a remarkable exercise for lower back (Erector Spinae) if performed properly.
How to perform Prone Superman?
- Lie straight down on the mat.
- Now gently in smooth movements, raise both legs and arms in the air for 5 seconds.
- Before slowly moving back down, make sure to use the back muscles to maintain this posture.
- Refrain from putting any pressure on your legs and arms.
Repeat this exercise 8 – 12 times. If you find that doing this exercise is putting more pressure than you can handle, start off by lifting the legs and arms of one side first, followed by the other. After some practice, you will be able to lift all your limbs together at once.
Exercise # 03: Standing Superman
(Equipment: a Chair, or Body Only)
In this exercise you have 2 ways to perform either using a Chair for support which makes workout more easy, or Body only for more challenging.
How to perform Standing Superman?
- Hold in one hand on a chair or table for balance, and stand with your feet apart of hip-width.
- Now starting leaning forward your left leg slowly to extends straight behind you until becomes parallel to the floor.
- In this position, reach out for your right arm straight in the front, upper arm should be near to ear and your eyes should be staring at the floor.
- Remain static at this position for 5 seconds and then return to standing position.
Repeat this exercise 8-12 times and it will work for a better erector spinae and improved body balance.
Exercise # 04: Deadlift
This exercise requires starting with using 3-5 pound free weights for extra warm-up. It’s highly recommended to wear a safety back belt to protect your spine.
A word of caution is don’t use excessive weight or your back will strain at the initial point, the exercises will increase your capability to hold the dream weight over time. You can only add in more weight when you feel strength enough.
How to perform Deadlift?
- Sit up with a straight back, shoulders back and feet apart with hip-width.
- While Stand straight place your middle foot under the barbell.
- Bend over and grab the bar with hands at a shoulder-width grip.
- Bend your knees until your legs touch the bar.
- Start Lift your chest up and straighten your lower back.
- Take a big breath, grip it tight, and stand up with the weight.
Exercise # 05: Child Pose
(Equipment: a Mat)
This poses relaxes your back, especially after tough workout sessions.
How to perform Child Pose?
- Kneel on the floor with your back up straight and your heels pointing outwards.
- Start Lower your upper trunk to a level so that your head touches the floor. At the same time, bring gradually your hands in front.
- Stay at this position for about 4-6 minutes. Then repeat.
I Hope Lower Back workout was helpful for you, if you have any Questions, or want to leave your own personal Notes, Please submit your comment below. I would Love to Help You.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
You will be pleased by see more results by Time.