Exercise Details (Calf Workouts for Women)
Body Part: Legs
Target Muscle: Calf
Equipment: Body Only
Category: Exercise for Women
Toned sexy legs are the dream of every woman who strives for perfection, specifically the lower back legs, because this part of the body is most often exposed, this is why Calf Workouts for Women have become essential to achieve your goal.
If you want to look great while wearing high heels, short pants, a skirt and of course a swimsuit on the beach, you should start thinking how to shape a toned leg! Which consists of calves, quads and thighs. It will present and elevate your feminine side with a long charming appearance.
The calf workouts for women in this article are designed in such a way as to achieve this goal, by building consistent hind legs. They are easy exercises that mostly use the body only with no cost and no equipment.
But you have to keep in mind that developing the calf muscles requires time and constant dedication, so do not give up early, it is very exciting to develop it, and the exercises are fun to perform, just give them a try.
The healthy part of the body training will provide a great foundation and generate strong legs for women, also prevent you from any potential injuries, and more over at the end, it will develop a beautiful part of irresistible legs.
Let’s highlight and discuss the importance and benefits of how to strengthen the calf muscles?
Benefits of Strong Calves Muscle Exercises
Calves exercises, which target the lower body and major leg muscles, have many great benefits. Here is a list of the main benefits:
- Increases the speed of your performance in running or walking. These strength exercises for building calf’s, can provide a pathway to your sports needs, whether you’re preparing for a formal marathon or just an everyday hobby.
- Increased build-up and explosiveness of muscle strength, especially when jumping. This makes calf exercises useful for sports such as basketball, volleyball and gymnastics or any member of team sports that benefits from jumping higher.
- Prevent any injury, by working on strength and balance in your lower legs, feet and ankles. Also, by maintaining the calf stretch, you will maintain movement in this area and avoid muscle tearing.
- In medical theory, calves muscles improve blood circulation, as they are pumped back from the lower body to the upper, toward the heart. In turn, this will lead to the regeneration of the body’s cell organs and increase the efficiency of functions.
- The calf muscles help balance the feet and ankles..
Calves Safety Equipment
Before starting and in order to protect your calves parts, it is recommended to wear knee pads when performing leg exercises to protect yourself from any potential damage that could rise for safety purposes.
Do You Need to Warm up your Calf?
The purpose of the warm-up is to stimulate the target muscles to rise naturally and get ready for the workout. In order to avoid any potential injury and get maximum benefits. A simple and direct warm-up for calves can be used as follows:
A) Runner Stretch
- Stand with a straight body by facing a wall, with 2 feet away from it.
- Put one leg behind your body by extending it with a straight knee, keeping the other in place, and maintain the two feet’s flat on the floor.
- Begin by tilting your upper body forward by touching the wall at shoulder level with both palms. While keeping your back straight.
- Freeze for 11 seconds.
- Now repeat, by switching sides between the legs, by bringing the back leg, to be near the front leg, and send the front leg back.
B) Seated Calf Stretch
- Sit on the floor and keep your torso straight with your right leg straight in front of you.
- Place your left leg inward toward your hip, And hold your leg with your left hand to keep it in place, and to provide the required balance for your body as well.
- Grasp your right foot with your right hand and start tilting your upper body forward toward your right foot.
- Touch your toes and pull them toward your chest, until you feel the contraction of the calf muscle.
- Freeze this position for 12 seconds.
- Repeat by switching to the other side of the leg.
Calf Workouts for Women with & without Equipment
1: Ankle Hops
(Equipment: Body Only)
This exercise will tone the lower leg, increase the efficiency of aerobic exercises and strengthen the muscles further. Make sure to keep the back straight while jumping.
How to perform Ankle Hops?
- Stand with your back straight, hands by your legs, and feet hip-width apart. (starting position)
- Start by jumping on the floor as fast as you can for one minute.
- Repeat the movement until the set of 6 reps is complete.
2: Standing Calf Raise
(Equipment: Body Only)
This exercise is simple, but useful for athletic people and professionals, which will allow them to jump higher.
How to perform Calf Raise?
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Begin by lifting your body using your ankles and sit with your body weight on your toes edges, while lifting your heels as high as possible.
- Make sure to contract your calf muscles as you move your body up.
- Then slowly lower your heels down, to be flat on the floor.
3: Jump Squat
(Equipment: Body Only)
How to Perform Jump Squat?
- Stand with straight legs and back, feet hip-width apart.
- Slide your hips back and down so that your shin is parallel to the floor. Put both hands clasped in front of you.
- Start with a strong jump by pushing your feet on the ground as far as possible.
- Land back on the floor. Then jump again.
4: Calf Raises in Plie Squat
(Equipment: Body Only)
How to perform Calf Raises in Plie squat?
- Place your body in a plie squat position with feet wide and flat on the floor, toes pointing out and straight legs.
- Bend your knees about 90-80 degrees, then lower your hips, keeping your thighs as parallel to the floor as possible, keeping your hands on the waist. In addition, it is possible to get support if you want to rest your back against the wall.
- Begin by lifting your heels off the floor, while standing your body on your toes, at the same time tightening your calf muscles.
- Lower your heels on the floor in the starting position, then repeat.
5: Jump Rope Workout
(Equipment: a Rope)
This exercise is ideal for cardio and warm-up, it strengthens the muscles of the body and improves speed and balance.
How to perform Jump Rope Workout?
- Stand with a straight body.
- Grab a rope, by keeping your hands by the side at waist level.
- Begin by rotating your wrist by swinging the rope and jumping with both feet.
6: Quick Feet
(Equipment: Body only)
This routine is excellent for strengthening the cardio, improving agility and speed. Keep breathing deeply while doing this quick feet exercise.
How to perform Quick Feet?
- Stand with a straight back.
- Place your feet more a bit than shoulder width apart and slightly lower your hips.
- Start by simulating running in the same place but by standing and squeezing the toes with a high heel on one leg, then switch to another leg, and keep switching between them as fast as you can.
- Repeat about 6 times per foot, for a 3 round set.
Calf muscles strength is essential for athletic people who engage in sports that require fast running or high jumping, plus they will provide a beautifully curving appearance to your legs as most women like.
I hope the calf exercise was useful to you, if you have any questions, or want to leave your personal feedback, please send your comment below. I would Love to Help You.
Challenge enough to Boost your Body to the Next Strength level!
There’s (lots) more! In the next article, you’ll tackle different Muscles workouts.
If you are interested in providing more strength and looking great for your legs to balance your calves, then start working out your quads which is a great routine to perform, which will give you great bonus results on your legs.
You’ll be happy to see more muscle building results over time.